Lambda Wars is a free multiplayer Source Engine modification for Alien Swarm set in the Half-Life 2 universe that brings the war between mankind and their brutal Combine overlords to a traditional real-time strategy (RTS) setting. Lead the uprising as a commander of the Resistance or crush the rebellion as an overlord of the Combine, with both factions featuring a full host of units, abilities, buildings, research and defenses. Lambda Wars features full-fledged RTS gameplay and a robust RTS interface and is focused on multiplayer but strategic AI opponents and dedicated singleplayer missions are also included.
Previously known as Half-Life 2: Wars, Lambda Wars has been in steady development with a long history of acclaimed public alpha and beta releases since late 2007 and only requires Alien Swarm (free) installed on Steam to play. You also must legally own Half-Life 2: Episode Two. Click here to learn more and get started playing Lambda Wars right now!
- Classic real-time strategy (RTS) gameplay in the Half-Life 2 world
- Multiplayer support and game lobby including spectator mode
- Wide variety of maps for up to 8 human or AI players
- Play as either Combine or Resistance
- Full unit tech tree that allows you to command everything from Manhacks to Striders
- Full-fledged RTS interface and HUD with everything from minimap and fog of war to unit and production building groups
- Build production and research facilities to requisition better units and unlock abilities and upgrades
- Defensive structures, turrets and mines help defend your headquarters and vital resource points
- Multiple game modes
- Singleplayer missions, tutorial map and offline AI skirmish mode
- Custom navigation code and deep Python integration - all unit and AI code is scripted in Python
For more questions and information please refer to our community forum.
Programming, Level Design
Models, Level Design, Interface
- Sergeant Toni
- Masked Death
- Tank Dempsey
- JLMCYT - Spanish Translation
- Kriz - Menu Music
- Jake - TNT Model
- Anti Viper - Level Design
- BiotecVirus - Textures and Trailers
- Garrador - HUD Design and Textures
- Jister - Beta 0.5 Building Models
- Steve - 2007 to ASW Model Conversion
- Lt_Commander - Textures
- ChromeAngel - Various building models
- Nqss[RUS] - Level Design
If you are interested in contributing to Lambda Wars - maps, models, textures, sounds, music, etc - please post on our community forum with examples of previous work.